City Audio Visual Limited takes privacy very seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain your account facility;
- to process orders from you for goods and services;
- to deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
- for the purposes of any corrective action (including a product recall) which may be required in respect of any of the products we supply to you;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- to notify you of changes to what we do;
- to make checks of credit reference agencies from time to time (for example, when you apply for a credit account, or if you want to amend your credit limit); and
- for the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as business partners, credit reference agencies and tracing agents, fraud sharing organisations, in each case within the European Economic Area and the UK.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of trading and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of City Audio Visual Limited, our staff, our customers, or others;
- in response to a request from a governmental authority (including a regulator); or
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided in your trade application form from credit reference and tracing agents.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Keeping in touch with you
We would like to keep in touch with you from time to time, to provide details of our new product ranges and services. If you do not want to be contacted in this way, please contact us at email@example.comWe will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
- request us to correct inaccurate personal information;
- request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances;
- receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party;
- object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds;
- object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you; and
- lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements and limitation periods.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via email at email@example.com or by post to City Audio Visual Limited, Unit 19 Kings Meadow, Ferry Hinksey Road, Oxford. OX2 0DP.